Last week was our first five day week and all students are becoming even more accustomed to our classroom routines and are getting to know each other even better by name!
Here are a few points of information pertaining to the week ahead:
- Leader/Assistant: Our leader will be Brooklyn and our assistant will be Charlie this week.
- Theme: Our theme will be “Colours and Shapes” this week.
- “Meet the Staff Night”: It was lovely to “meet” all parents/guardians who attended Sherwood School’s “Meet the Staff Night” on Thursday, September 13th. If you were unable to attend, the package of handouts distributed that evening was sent home on Friday, September 14th.
- Book Exchange: Our first book exchange of the year will be on Wednesday, September, 19th, Day 4. Please have your child return his/her Library book(s) by or on each Day 4. Merci beaucoup!
- Show and Share: All students are invited to bring a toy of their choice from home for Show and Share on Friday of each week. Please help your child prepare to talk to the class about his/her chosen toy in French. Our first Show and Share of the year will be held on Friday, September 21st. This week, please help your child introduce himself/herself. The following sentence structures may be helpful to your child: Bonjour! Je m’appelle _____. Please do not send toys with your child on any other days other than Show and Share days.
- Public Library Card: With the support of the Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture, the PEI Public Library Service will be providing all Kindergarten students with a free public library card. Please complete and return the Public Library Services Membership Application Form, that was be sent home with your child on Friday, September 14th , by Friday, September 21st. Library cards will be sent home with students during the month of October. Students who already have a public library card will receive a certificate congratulating them for already being library users.
- Scholastic Book Club: The first Scholastic Book Club catalogue of the year was sent home on “Meet the Staff Night”, Thursday, September 13th. If you wish to place an order for your child, please have him/her return his/her paper flyer order by or on Monday, September 24th. Payment can be made by cheque, made payable to Scholastic Canada Ltd. Parents/Guardians can also shop, order and pay online by visiting Scholastic Canada’s website at scholastic.ca.
Our first week of French Immersion Kindergarten in KC at Sherwood School was a tremendous success! All students are getting used to our classroom routines and are getting to know each other by name. I am looking forward to working with the class as a group and with each student individually for the remainder of the school year. We are going to have a great year together!
Here are a few points of information pertaining to the week ahead:
- Leader/Assistant: Our leader will be Abigail and our assistant will be Brooklyn this week.
- Theme: Our theme will be “Names” this week.
- Communication Duo-tang and Zippered Bag: Please check your child’s communication duo tang and zippered bag each evening, from Monday to Friday. Please also ensure that your child’s communication duo tang and zippered bag travel to and from school with your child each day, from Monday to Friday. Merci!
- School Website: Please check Sherwood School’s website at www.edu.pe.ca/sherwood for up-to-date information, including the school’s bi-weekly newsletter, which is published every second Wednesday.
- Classroom Blog: Please do not leave a comment on this blog as it will not be sent to me directly. Merci!
- Meet the Staff Night: Sherwood School’s “Meet the Staff Night” will be held on Thursday, September 13th at 6:30 pm. At that time, I will discuss the French Immersion Kindergarten program, classroom routines/expectations and future homework assignments. I look forward to meeting all parents on that evening.
- Forms: Please complete and have your child return the following forms, that were sent home with him/her on Friday, September 7th, as soon as possible: Communication and Information Technology Responsible Use Agreement, Early Closure, General Media Coverage & Display or Publication of Student Information and Work, Low Risk Activities, Student Information Form. Merci beaucoup!
- Additional Supplies: Please equip your child with the following additional supplies for his/her use throughout his/her year in French Immersion Kindergarten: sneakers, sports bottle, lunch box, change of clothes, backpack and headphones. It will be helpful to your child if you label all of his/her belongings too.
Have a good week!
With only 3 school days to go in the 2017 – 2017 school year, the countdown is on!
Here are a few points of information pertaining to the continuation of our “Summer Spirit Weeks”. We will be celebrating the upcoming summer holidays each day in a special way!
- Themes: Our themes will continue to be “Community/Summer” this week.
- Leader/Assistant: Our leaders will be Noah and Paisley this week.
- Tic-Tac-Toe Day: Our class will be playing TIC-TAC-TOE on Monday, June 25th! What fun and strategy!
- Sports Day: Sherwood School’s Sports Day will be held on Monday, June 25th. Our class will be participating in the afternoon. Please ensure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather, including a t-shirt, shorts/pants, sweater/sweatshirt, socks and sneakers. Your child should also bring a jacket, just in case, since we will be outside all afternoon. Please apply unscented sun screen on your child at home that morning. He/She will not have time to do so at school before heading outside. Please pack a sun hat and water bottle in your child’s backpack. It’s going to be a fun-filled afternoon! In case if inclement weather, the rain date for Sherwood School’s Sports Day will be Tuesday, June 26th.
- Teddy Bear Picnic: Our class will be participating in teddy bear themed outdoor activities and having a TEDDY BEAR PICNIC on the morning of Tuesday, June 26th with the other English and French Immersion Kindergarten classes. The outdoor activities/picnic will be held on the school playground. Please pack a teddy bear, sun hat, towel and water bottle in your child’s backpack. Please apply unscented sun screen on your child at home that morning.
- Absence: Unfortunately, I will be absent the morning of Tuesday, June 26th as I will be attending my daughter’s Grade 6 Closing Ceremony. Madame Denise Uyterlinde will be replacing me.
- Red and White Day: Students are invited to wear “blanc et rouge” on Wednesday, June 27th in celebration of Canada Day.
- Canada Day Party: On Wednesday, June 27th, our class will be celebrating Canada Day by playing summer themed BINGO and enjoying a red and white snack, WATERMELON.
- Third Term Report Cards: Your child’s Third Term Report Card will be sent home with him/her on Wednesday, June 27th.
- Last Day of Classes: Wednesday, June 27th will be the last day of classes of the 2017-2018 school year.
- Library Books: Please have your child return all of his/her Library book(s) as soon as possible. There are a number of students in our class who have several Library books yet to return. Sherwood School charges $5.00 per book not returned to the Library. This fee helps defray the cost of replacing the book. Merci!
- Outdoor Physical Education Classes: Weather permitting, Physical Education class will be held outdoors. Please ensure your child wears outdoor footwear, such as sneakers, that will allow him/her to fully participate in Physical Education class on Days 2, 4 and 6.
- Summer Reading Bags: Your child brought home a Summer Reading Bag on Tuesday, June 19th which contained a bag of books made by your child throughout his/her French Immersion Kindergarten year and a list of the core high frequency words for French Immersion Kindergarten. I hope that your child and you continue to enjoy reading together over the summer months. Happy Reading!
- PEI Public Libraries: Please see the flyer on what the PEI Public Libraries have to offer students and parents in French Immersion in your child’s zippered bag. A Public Library is a great summertime destination!
- Sun Hat and Sunscreen: Please pack a sun hat in your child’s backpack, if you would like him/her to wear one during recess times. Please also apply unscented sunscreen on your child at home, if you would like him/her to wear sunscreen at school. Merci!
- Unsubscribe from Blog: Please remember to unsubscribe from from my blog at the end of this school year so that you do not continue receiving message from me in September 2018! Merci beaucoup!
I would like to wish all students and families a and fun summer!